Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2010 00:37:43 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: need help with apache22 and libphp5.so

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 06:59:48AM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> On 08/06/2010 03:58:13, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	question number one, which port builds the apache php5
> > 	library?  number two; is there one that will resolve the
> > 	missing 'ap_user_id'?
>
> Do you now, or did you once have apache13 installed on this machine?  It
> sounds as if your lang/php5 port has linked against the wrong apache
> version.

	Yes, and it is beyond bizarre since i've been using apache22
	since jan, '08.   i've followed the instructions in UPDATING
	more than a dzn times since 6p.m. or so....  i finally looked
	[and Saw]  that libphp5.so was going into apache22 rather
	than apache/; i.e.:
	/usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp5.so.  i'm almost certain.

	it took more than three months late last summer -> fall to
	move my server off an ancient hp tower and into a duo-core
	dell.  in the end i jmay have done a wholesale copy of the
	binaries and done many upgrades.  hours ago i did indeed have
	to delete apache13.

> There have been some pretty important changes to the apache ports
> recently.  Principally nowadays you have to have a separate devel/apr1
> port installed, instead of defaulting to the one bundled with apache.

	Right.  AS of 18may or so i guess the default is to use the
	portable runtime libs [pl].  prior to this i was not AFAIK.
	I keep the apache22 ports reasonably current by default, and
	had not realized that my last portmaster and portupgrades had
	gione awry.  By sheer chance late afternoon i saw one of my
	tabs was labelled with "Error"...

> See the 20100518 entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING.  If you follow the
> instructions there to reinstall www/apache22, then reinstall lang/php5
> and all php5- or pecl- modules it should work better.
>
> Optionally, you can add "APACHE_PORT= www/apache22" to /etc/make.conf
> but it should come right without having to do that.

	I hath donne that, Sire.  {it may be a wee bit olde fashioned
	to used /etc/make.conf to write such in stone, but by the
	time apache22 is at, say, apache3x, i shall be long
	departed!}

> 	Cheers,

	si, and Proost or na zdravi!

	gary