Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 17:06:32 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        root@jd-unix.wpafb.af.mil (Jeffrey D. Dean ROOT)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting a NETWARE drive to a FreeBSD directory

(Firstly, don't send mail as root; it's a Very Bad Idea)

Jeffrey D. Dean ROOT stands accused of saying:

> 	About two months ago, I asked if anyone can help me connect
> to a NETWARE drive in FreeBSD. I had a few really good answers. One was
> using telnetd which I found quite effective. But, I unfortunately have
> not been smart enough to actually mount a netware drive. I can connect to

That's OK; you can't mount a Netware drive using FreeBSD unless you have
an NFS module loaded on the server.  I'm not sure exactly what the
problems with implementing Netware support are, but I'd suspect that
Novell aren't as open with the protocol spec. as they would need to be.

> my FreeBSD machine using Windows for Workgroups, and pcnfs. It must be
> possible to connect a NETWARE drive to a FreeBSD machine. I previously

"must"?? what makes you think that?

> 	If anyone can help me get the code to start working in such a
> project, it would be greatly appreciated twice over. Any hints, comments,
> or suggestions could lower my work-hours considerably.

Well, if money's not a problem, just buy an NFS NLM for the server.
Failing that, I guess you'd be best off asking Terry about the specifics
of the problem. (terry@cs.weber.edu)

> 	Jeffrey D. Dean

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[