Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:30:05 +0100
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bernd Kopriva <bernd@kopriva.de>
Subject:   TCP_COMPAT_42 support

Anyone know if modern FreeBSD still supports TCP_COMPAT_42 ?

I'm trying to connect to my Symmetric 375 ( An NSC 32016 running BSD 4.2 ),
hardware by Bill Jollitz, 2M of main RAM, rather small kernel
http://berklix.com/~jhs/symmetric/
& of course I dont have full sources, & the reconfig kernel kit has
problems so I live with manufacturers old kernel.

Symmetric 375 used to work with all my FreeBSD hosts, ref TCP_COMPAT_42 in my
  http://berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/src/jhs/sys/i386/conf/HOLZ
But maybe Ive compiled newer kernel on all FreeBSd hosts by now.

PS
I guess more laptops running FreeBSD will in a month or 2 at
http://www.vcfe.org be trying to connect to various other old BSD4.2
type vaxen & such.)

Would be nice if we have support still, anyone know if it was thrown
away ?  Only TCP_COMPAT_42 I see in src/ is:
	release/doc/fr_FR.ISO8859-1/relnotes/common/new.sgml:
	usr.sbin/config/SMM.doc/e.t:

PS If anyone knows that eg FreeBSD chucked it, but Net Or Open BSD
still supports it please give a shout. I suppose I could install
NET as a bridge.

BTW I posted a similar question on symmetric @ berklix ....
but that's a mighty small list these days, just 6 of us !