Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 1999 09:34:25 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Stephane Potvin" <sepotvin@videotron.ca>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARM support

> Yes, loading from an ext2fs partition works fine. Well, I tried for the
> last 10 minutes to find a suitable way to tell in a manner that would not
> sounds religious that using ext2fs is not really an option to no avail.

Well, let's be practical.  Is there any alternative?  If the firmware
insists on loading something from an ext2 filesystem, you don't have a
lot of choice.  So write a tiny boot2 that lives in a tiny ext2
filesystem, and knows how to find a FreeBSD filesystem and the loader.
Then you can pretend that the ext2 filesystem isn't there. 8)