Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:10:25 +0200
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        scrappy@hub.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE not easily scalable to large servers ... ?

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:38:08 -0700
Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:

TL> Only if you reserved a window for it.  Say 1G of KVA, though last

	I was thinking more like 1M, or even a few K, it sounds like that's
not possible.

TL> I checked the bank selection granularity wasn't fine enough for

	That would be a problem.

TL> If you ever programmed graphics on a TI 99/4A, which has a 4k
TL> visible window onto screen memory, or programmed code on the

	I've done a number of similar things (Newbrain, Lynx, bank
switched CP/M ...).

--
C:>WIN                                          |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                    |A Better Way To Focus The Sun