Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 14:25:39 +0930 (CST)
From:      blymn@awadi.com.au (Brett Lymn)
To:        jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU (Jonathan Stone)
Cc:        phk@critter.tfs.com, greywolf@siva.captech.com, kpneal@pobox.com, hackers@freebsd.org, tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG, postmaster@x.physics.usyd.edu.au
Subject:   bunya mail problem...

According to Jonathan Stone:

>I'm getting duplicate replies  of most of the messages
>in this thread, after  about a 15-hour to 24-hour delay.

OK - I saw one of these myself in my mail box.  It is really really
weird.  According to the headers bunya is deciding to send the mail
out our gateway again - no errors - no nothing it just does it.
Currently I am suspecting a botched patch from Sun which I installed
late last week.  I have backed out the patch as of now - so if you see
any more of these repeats PLEASE mail ME (blymn@awadi.com.au) right
away so I know that it is not fixed.

Bunya is not reachable but it does have a MX that points at myall -
the rewrites on myall should be killing all host names in the outgoing
awadi addresses.  I shall check that this is still happening.

Brett"Not a happy trooper"Lymn

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.