Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:59:37 -0800
From:      Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>
To:        "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@trojanhorse.ml.org>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vnode.h and IO_NDELAY (help!!)

Jamil J. Weatherbee <jamil@trojanhorse.ml.org> stands accused of saying:
> [ ... snip ... ] By the way, how are you supposed to pick
> ioctl groups.  I am currently using 'A', but i see 'D' being used also.
> Is there a list of which letter you should use.  I assume lowercase are
> reserved for the system and you should always use uppercase in new
> drivers?

  ioctl group ID's are local to each device driver. They are used soely for
groupsing ioctl's into groups by your driver. For an example, look at
machine/console.h, which defines the ioctls for syscons/pcvt.

--
Jonathan Mini 					Ingenious Productions
Software Development				P.O. Box 5693,

 "A child of five could understand this! Quick -- Fetch me a child of five."