Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:34:26 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inetd with -R -1 patch?

Thus spake Sheldon Hearn (sheldonh@uunet.co.za):

> Personally, I'd prefer it if zero implied an unlimited number of

Yes. Fine, too.

> invokations per service per minute.  However, the special case isn't
> really necessary, since you can simply specify some large number (and
> then prepare to have your box dragged under). :-)

Heh. That counts for every piece of software where you can set
"unlimited"

> PS: Did you test the patch you sent? :-)

Yes.

root:~ $ netstat -a | grep localhost.telnet | wc -l
     864

(I wasn't able to stress the system more :)

However, as I just saw, the -R -1 does not work (I tested it with
-DTOOMANY=-1). So -R 0 for unlimited is better (because of strtol).

Alex
--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory