Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 1995 20:46:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dan Muntz <dmuntz@eecs.umich.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  Intel Endeavor MB cache problem

eyfarris@gdwest.gd.com wrote:
> I am running the same motherboard without any problems,
> but - not at 133MHz, yet.

Well, with your data point, and the fact that I was able to reproduce the
problem on a separate 133MHz system, I've got a pretty good idea about what's
wrong.  I set my clock to 120MHz and everything was fine.  I ran a memory
test under DOS at 133MHz and it failed.  Looks like the external cache
on the Endeavor doesn't work at 133MHz.  The documentation that came with
the MB is pretty poor and I can't see any obvious jumpers, switches, or
BIOS options that might make it work.  If anyone has any ideas at this
point, let me know.  (yeah, I know, buy ASUS)

  -Dan