Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:36:14 +0000
From:      Matt H <matt@proweb.co.uk>
To:        "dmmcf@uiuc.edu" <dmmcf@uiuc.edu>
Cc:        mwm-dated-1014449929.13fb95@mired.org, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advice sought re MS Office compatibility

> .. and saving in an old format is (perceived as) too
> much hassle.  A few more such requests and _I_ will become the
> problem, not Word.

you could always send them a macro & toolbar to save their work as a
different format

one click save
(
you could even be elaborate and make it save to a central repository with
that one button or a toolbar with "email this document to colleagues"
button and a bit of html/(vb|java)script to bring up a dialog box
etc.etc.etc.etc.

if your office has a central document.dot that everyone uses it can be
part of that. Word & Office can be told to play nicely if you make a bit
of effort, it even get's PHB's going if you incorporate pretty headers.

You can replace the save icon & menuitem to save in a different default
format.

)