Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:45:36 +0100
From:      "Ebbinge, Onno" <EbbingeO@logica.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   /etc/make.conf

Hi All,

I recently setup /etc/make.conf with the following settings:

NO_BIND=        true    # do not build BIND
NO_SENDMAIL=    true    # do not build sendmail and related programs
NOGAMES=        true    # do not build games (games/ subdir)

This means 'do not BUILD' those parts of 'world'...
Does this also mean that the old binaries of bind, sendmail and games
are uninstalled? If not, how can I uninstall them in a clean way?

I had a similar problem with cvsup. I setup the /etc/cvsupfile and the
/var/sup/refuse files but the refuse specifications didn't remove the
stuff that was already there... I had to write a small shell script
that scans the refuse file to delete the files and directories
matching the patterns in the refuse file. If anyone is intrested,
email me.

Thanks,

Onno

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.