Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:40:15 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CVS tag

Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> writes:

I'm not sure how these are supported in the cvs version shipped with
FreeBSD, but I'm pretty sure the answers are the same, and the
functionality is supported standard in recent versions of CVS.

> My questions:
>
> 1. How is it possible to include a sub-path in the CVS file field, but
>    not the absolute path of the file?

I think you configure that with $CVSHeader$ instead of $Header$.  Or
maybe the other way around...

> 2. How is it possible to change $Id$ or $Header$ to a custom string,
>    let's say the name of a company or a project, by not breaking (!)
>    the CVS compatibility (no s/Header/Foobar/).

The CVSROOT/config file supports "LocalKeyword".

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/