Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 1996 13:30:43 +0900
From:      Jun-ichi Okamura <okamura@genesis.roines.co.jp>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUS PnP + 960801-SNAP

  Hi!

> Hey all,
>
> 	I'm using Amancio's GUS PnP Pro stuff form rah with
> 960801-SNAP.  It works, excpet for the following:
>
>   1) Most times when I interrupt (^C) an MPEG playing with maplay, the
>      system reboots spontaneously.  (Okay, so I won't interrupt
>      playing mpegs. ;-)
>
>   2) The system also soetimes reboots when playing midi files.  The
>      last time this happened, it hung on one note for about 10 seconds,
>      then the system reset itself.
>
> Has anyone else seen problems like this?  I'm using a ASUS Triton
> motherboard, PCI everything excpet for th GUS plug and pray.
> Aside from that, it works like a charm.

  I'm also use Amancio"s kit for 2.1.5 with my 2.1R.  In my case, I
have no experience system hang regarded as sound driver, while I'v
been play RealAudio player "raplayer" with "Netscape".

  But! but but...

  I can not sound out MIDI data with this driver to GUS.

  "playmidi -g midifile" is take few CPU time but NO SOUND.

  "xplaymidi -g midifile" is seem to be normal operaton, GUI show midi
part track data, without SOUND.

  Systems config:

	MB	:  ASUS P55TP4N
	SCSI	:  BT956C  (PCI)