Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      digital@nypop.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/7615: pico appends "UUUUUUUUUU" when saving...

>Number:         7615
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       pico appends "UUUUUUUUUU" when saving...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
just installed 2.2.7 on a new machine, installed pine4.01 pkg. when using pico and saving a new file or editing and excisting file pico (or something) appends "UUUUUUUUUUUUU" in front of the text or the beggining of the file before any other text. tried to compile 4.02 distribution - same thing happens. when using pine-3.96 pkg pico works fine...
>How-To-Repeat:
well, try it for your self install pine-4.01 pkg from cdrom or ftp.freebsd.org, though it could be only on my machine, but everything else works perfectly...