Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:25:39 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        "Geoffrey T. Falk" <gtf@cirp.org>
Subject:   Re: Kermit checksum mismatch

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 03:26:52PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 01:59:54PM -0600, Geoffrey T. Falk wrote:
> >

> > boojum# cd /usr/ports/comms/kermit/
> > boojum# make
> > ===>  Extracting for kermit-8.0.208
> > Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file (/usr/ports/comms/kermit/distinfo)
> > are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
> > check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/comms/kermit.
>
> Re-fetch it.

Won't help.  If you go to the ftp-site and check manually you will find
that cku208.tar.gz is just a symlink to cku209.tar.gz which presumably
is a bit different.  I do not know why the cku208.tar.gz archives are
not around (there are archives for several older versions of kermit at
the ftp-site but not cku208.tar.gz) but it isn't.

I don't know what the difference is between 208 and 209, but
considering that 208 is no longer available while several older
releases are, I suspect it might some security problem.

The correct solution seems to be to upgrade the port to 209.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson