Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:43:23 -0600
From:      ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: android

On Tuesday February 15 2011 07:51:39 Polytropon wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 05:57:33 -0600, ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I did what you suggested but it doesn't works:
> > no such fles or directory.
>
> According to your dmesg output
>
> da4 at umass-sim1 bus 1 scbus3 target 0 lun 0
> da4: <HTC Android Phone 0100> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
> da4: 40000 MB/s transfers
>
> the da4 device is the correct one. Check which access files
> are created:
>
> 	# ls -l /dev/da4*
>
> You can check the partitioning of the da4 device with
>
> 	# fdisk da4
>
> which should show you what kind of partitions are available
> to access, and what type they are of. If you see a FAT
> partition, it will probably be /dev/da4s1, so (including
> security means, just for testing):
>
> 	# mount -t msdosfs -o ro /dev/da4s1 /mnt
>
> should mount it read-only. You can also use a per-filsystem
> identification using
>
> 	# file - < /dev/da4s1
>
> for proper identification (at least this works with partitions
> containing UFS filesystems, no idea about FAT stuff).
>
> Check dmesg output in parallel to see if the Android didn't
> cut the wire due to a timeout.
>
> Take one step after another: First identify what is available,
> then identify it, and finally mount it for testing. If it all
> works, make a permanent option (e. g. in /etc/fstab) for it
> if you want.

fdisk da4
******* Working on device /dev/da4 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=967 heads=255 sectors/track=63 (16065 blks/cyl)

parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=967 heads=255 sectors/track=63 (16065 blks/cyl)

Media sector size is 512
Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 1 is:
sysid 11 (0x0b),(DOS or Windows 95 with 32 bit FAT)
    start 8192, size 15536128 (7586 Meg), flag 0
        beg: cyl 0/ head 130/ sector 3;
        end: cyl 967/ head 150/ sector 15
The data for partition 2 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 3 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 4 is:
<UNUSED>

I don't know how tou mount. I like to reach a memory card for upload mp3 from
computer.

Thank.

Mitja
--------