Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:24:22 -0500
From:      gaddam@quantuminc.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        sudheer_gaddam@hotmail.com
Subject:   Configuring the Port on FreeBSD 2.28

Hi,
We have a typical problem.  For one of customers who is using FreeBSD
2.2.8, we are developing an application.  The application is a web
application.  It launches an applet on the client from the Apache Web
Server that is currently loaded on the machine.  On the Server, we have
developed a Java Program which acts as server with port number captured as
5432.  We are trying to connect to the machine and to the port and execute
a routine from the applet.

The Server has firewall ipfw running on the machine in "Simple" mode.  When
teh Client tries to connect to the server, the server is rejecting the
connection.  Our guess is that we need to open the port for external use
from different clients to access the server.

Can you please suggest us how we can open the port in FreeBSD 2.2.8 and
also please send us the exact commands if you can.

We really appreciate your help.

Sudheer Gaddam
Manager, IT Services