Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 2014 15:26:23 -0500
From:      Ajtim <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: a big mistake-deleted etc

On Sunday 02 March 2014 16:46:32 Roland Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:56:31PM -0500, ajtiM wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a big problem.
> >
> > I did accidental deleted /etc and I cannot start a system. Is it a way
> > that
> > I get /etc back without lost everything, please?  I did mounted disk and
> > there are no /etc. Uh
>
> You can find the default versions of most configuration files in
> /usr/src/etc/. You can run mergemaster(8) to install them.
>
> What you should really do for the future is keep all your configuration
> files under revision control in a subdirectory of your $HOME, complete with
> an install script. I wrote up my workflow in 2010. See:
> http://rsmith.home.xs4all.nl/howto/managing-configuration-files.html
>
> Roland

Thank you VERY much to everyone help... I solved a problem with you help and I
am learn :). I have one problem more to solve. It is my firewire Buffalo
external 2 TB hard drive where I have a backup for OS X but I have space for
more (one slice is FAT).
I did turn HD on but I don't know how to mount it and I didn't saw any
messages...

Thank you.

--
ajtim