Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:28:58 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT:  Re: WinXP administration guide for unix guru

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

On 08/22/05 04:56 PM, Gerard Seibert sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:28:38 +0400 Igor Robul <igorr@speechpro.com> wrote:
> >=20
> > Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > >
> > >Does it tell you why XP requires any user wishing to print to a
> > >network printer must have administrator privileges?
> > >
> > It doesnt
>=20
>=20

Thanks for the tip, but this isn't a domain environment.  There is NO
security property available for this printer.  This is the only
machine I'm tolerating a M$ OS on, so I don't really need the hassle
of a domain.  The printer in question has its own ethernet port, and
runs its own printserver, and security is intended to be open to any
system within my network.

Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)
Please send off-list email to:         leblanc at keyslapper d.t net
Key fingerprint =3D C5E7 4762 F071 CE3B ED51  4FB8 AF85 A2FE 80C8 D9A2

bureaucrat, n:
  A politician who has tenure.

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--