Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:13:30 -0600
From:      "Jason A. Crome" <crome@devnetinc.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Multi-homed system in FreeBSD 4.9

Hello all,

Hate to sound dumb, but this is my first time setting up a multi-homed
system in FreeBSD.  I can get the box working just fine with one network
adapter, but the second adapter will not take an IP address.  Using =
dmesg
and ifconfig, I can see the card just fine. . . .  There doesn't appear =
be anything wrong other than the card not showing the IP I have assigned =
it.

The box is using 2 3Com 3c905C network cards.  I have verified that both
cards work in other PCs.  I am attempting to assign one card the IP
192.168.0.1 and the other 192.168.0.2 (using /stand/sysinstall) in an
attempt to monitor traffic across my network.  Any insight that can be
offered up would be of great assistance :-)

Thanks in advance!

Jason A. Crome
Senior Software Engineer, DEVNET, Inc.
E-Mail: crome@devnetinc.com