Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:48:33 -0600
From:      "James R. Van Artsalen" <james@jrv.org>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to debug >2GB memory issues (and 3ware)

John-Mark Gurney wrote:

>Not sure about 2GB, since that seems like someone is handling a
>signed value incorrectly or something like that, but there is the
>busdma status page at:
>http://www.freebsd.org/projects/busdma/

twe works for me if hw.physmem is set to 3G in my 8GB RAM system.

twe works with 8GB of RAM in 5.2.1.

Both the twe driver and busdma have changed since 5.2.1.  Since ATA is
also rumored to be unreliable with more than 4 GB of RAM in 5.3 I would
not ignore that the possibility of a problem in busdma.