Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:23:58 -0400
From:      Daniel Fisher <daniel.fisher@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   custom boot cd

Hello,
I'm trying to create a read only file system on a bootable CD.
I've added the the line:
options         ROOTDEVNAME=\"cd9660:acd0c\"
to my kernel and verified that acd0 is my cdrom device.
I wrote over the kernel in boot.flp (taken from 4.8-RELEASE)
and created an iso image using mkisofs.
I then burned the cd using burncd.
The CD boots the new kernel fine, but it cannot mount the
root file system off of the CD.
I'm thrown to a prompt at which point I can mount root off of my hard
disk, but not off the CD.
It returns the error:

Mounting root from cd9660:acd0c
Root mount failed: 6

I'm not sure what the problem is.
I can mount the cd fine after booting from the hard disk.
Can someone tell me what I may have done wrong?
Thanks.

--
Daniel Fisher