Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 21:56:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF Netscape Communicator / Navigator?

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Nik Clayton wrote:

>Folks,
>
>Since I rebuilt my 3.1-stable with no a.out support, Netscape Navigator
>fails to run, printing;
>
>    Couldn't open /usr/libexec/ld.so.
>
>Is there an ELF version of Navigator floating around, or am I going to
>have to re-enable a.out support?

You have to put X aout libs back in. You can get these in binary without
doing a make world from 2.2.8-RELEASE an the FTP site. The rc script will
still config the libs in X/lib/aout for you. (unless you trimmed that
stuff out)

I do this while keeping -stable with -DNAOUT. Netscape works fine.

I personally can't wait for Opera for Linux to come out.

Catchya Later,		|	Give me UNIX or give me a typewriter.
Jason Wells		|	http://www.freebsd.org/