Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 1995 16:51:35 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        gryphon@healer.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, pds@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with packages, and general third party software.

 * > And you have to add "operator" to the operator group in /etc/group. I don't
 * > think we want pkg_add doing this either.

Can't we solve this by making the executable setgid-operator instead
of setuid-operator?

 * No, but operator should probably be in the "operator" group anyway, ya think?

You're right (I think).  I looked into the cvs logs and only found
this for master.passwd and group.

===
revision 1.2
date: 1993/07/19 18:52:51;  author: rgrimes;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -8
Removed extranious names from master.passwd file, changed root and toor to
be in group 0 (was group 10).  Changed operator to be in group 20, was 28.
===

So why wasn't operator moved to group "operator", instead of "staff"?
That seems to make more sense to me.  Rod, do you remember?

Satoshi