Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:54:00 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mh_lists@digitalspy.co.uk>
To:        "Andrea Bacchet" <baccheta@cae.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Jail single ip network (FreeBSD 4.5)

> 1 - Why the 5 minute wait for my jail to respond to ssh and telnet
requests?

sounds very much like something to do with not having dns/hosts set up
correctly. I don't know enough about jails to know for sure, but I would
have thought you need a hosts file on /etc in the jail with the hostnames/ip
addresses of the hosts you're trying to connect from, if they're not in DNS.
ssh/telnet try and resolve your hostname when you connect to them - if they
can't find them, they hang until the dns resolution times out.

Hope this helps,
Mark