Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 16:37:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Steve Jorgensen <steve@khoral.com>
To:        ddw@NSMA.Arizona.EDU
Cc:        Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@graphics.cornell.edu>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with 36GB SCSI drives...

> Yeah, I'm down to where I have one external case turned on (with three
> drives in it.  The other drives are turned off.  After lunch, I guess I'll
> just open that case up and pull the power off of the other two drives.  After
> that, I guess I'll have to try putting one of the disks on the internal
> SCSI connector...

	You don't by chance have devices connected to both internal
	connectors AND something connected to the external connector?

	I don't have a u2w, but my adaptec 2940uw says you can't
	do that.  Of course that little fact is buried in the
	small print of their manual, but I have had experience myself
	where things would look like their working and then
	just flake out after it ran for a while.

	Hope this helps..

					Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	 steve@spukhaus.com