Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 06:42:30 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        jcouch@netdoor.com
Cc:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD HandBook Vs.Complete FreeBSD

Jim couch wrote:

> Would it be redundant to buy the HandBook if I already have the "Complete"
> book by Lehey?
>  The descriptions makes them sound very similar but the language is very
> broad and they do both concern the same subject, so they would sound kind of
> similar........

You can read the Handbook online, it's at www.freebsd.org. But, if you buy
a copy you will be supporting the 'cause', and by buying both you are doing
that much more to support FBSD. Besides, they're both good books with
slightly differant ways of getting to the same results. BTW, there is another
FBSD book to look for - by Ted Mittelstaedt - FreeBSD, The Corporate
Networkers Guide (which is just as good for home network users as for
corporate network admins).

--
Regards,

Chip Wiegand