Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:39:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        "Arthur H.Johnson II" <arthur@tucows.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP 8100 CD-R

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Arthur H.Johnson II wrote:

> I havn't installed FreeBSD at home yet.  Am I going to be able to get my HP
> 8100 ATAPI CD-R to work under FreeBSD?

Hi, Arthur.  I have one of those (maybe an 8110--I'm away from it now) and
it works fine.  I have the acd driver in the kernel (it's in the GENERIC
kernel, I think); I use mkisofs to make ISO 9660 images, then burn them
onto CD-RW using the /usr/share/examples/atapi/burndata script (which
calls wormcontrol).  There's a burnaudio script too but I haven't tried
it.  There are some pretty graphical programs for making CDs but I don't
think any of them will work with an ATAPI drive under FreeBSD.
__
Trevor Johnson