Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:54:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Alan L. Cox" <alc@imimic.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: LOR in VM (with backtrace)

Alan L. Cox writes:
 > Thanks for letting me know.  This is another false positive: Witness
 > can't distinguish the lock on the object being destroyed from the lock
 > on the object used by UMA because their labels are the same.  They will
 > never, however, be the same object.  So, deadlock isn't a risk.

In a closed source driver I maintain, I had to resort to passing a
string containing the meaningful name concatonated with some unique info
to mtx_init().

It seems like witness could just concat the address of the mutex along
with the strings passed to mtx_init() so as to make sure things were
unique..

Drew