Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:39:01 -0800
From:      Burton Sampley <bsampley@best.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FBSD ?'s

I have a few questions for the FBSD Team.  First want to take a minute
to say thanks for a job well done.  I started using 2.1.5 and recently
converted to 2.2 -Beta.  FBSD is the ONLY OS on my system.  I wouldn't

? #1:  I would like to request permission to use the "powered by FBSD"
gif on my webpage.  I have down loaded the gif and placed it on my
webpage with a link to http://www.freebsd.org.  I have requested and
received permission from Kirk McKusick, the copyright owner of the
daemon.  My webpage is located at http://www.best.com/~bsampley.  To the
best of my knowqledge, Best.com also uses FBSD.  If my request is
denied, please let me know and I will remove the gif from my webpage.

? #2:  I am currently majoring in Computer Science at Califronia State
University at Hayward.  I would like to help with the FBSD project,
however at this time I feel my programming skills are not up to the
level that I feel is required to be helpful.  Are there any small
projects that a beginning programmer can help code?  I enjoy using FBSD,
but I would really like to give something back.  How can I help?  (FYI:
I'm curently taking the second C++ class and a beginning assembly
langauage class.  About 7 or 8 years ago I took a few classes in Pascal,
but I don't remember very much about Pascal.)

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Burton Sampley