Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 1995 11:11:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de (Thomas Graichen)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: someone to commit needed for new f2c !

> hello
>
> i'll today grab an actual version of f2c from ftp.netlib.org and adapt it to
> FreeBSB because the momentary version in FreeBSD is very old (i think 1993) -
> can anybody with commit priviledges please send me a mail that he will commit
> this new version to the -current and 2.1 tree's - i think it'll be ready this
> weekend - thanks in advance - t

Remember that f2c needs some special massaging for FreeBSD. I recommend
to check with Jonas Olson (ljo@freebsd.org) first. A switch (-o afaik)
has been added to f2c and the f77 script is also special.

f2c did not recieve any dramatic amendments during the past two years
so I see no real necessity to update now (unless Linux has a newer
version though :-)

>  Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||       thomas graichen
>  longer anything to add, but when there   __||      freie universitaet berlin
>  is no longer anything to take away   __||              fachbereich physik
>                                   __||
>  - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||
>  ___________________________||____email: graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de____

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #0:
Tue Jul 18 14:49:19 MET DST 1995     kuku@blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de:
/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386