Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:58:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        kris@obsecurity.org
Cc:        Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de, sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrade from 4.5 to current fails

In message: <20020424162052.A14802@xor.obsecurity.org>
            Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> writes:
: On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 05:49:52PM +0200, Christian Fl=FCgel wrote:
: =

: > But I still get signal 12 exceptions when trying to installworld.
: > It seems to me that the install process still uses my old kernel an=
d I am
: > not able to load the new one. Could anybody please tell me how to a=
chieve
: > this?
: =

: You're still actually running your 4.x kernel.  This may be an
: omission in the documentation for upgrading to 5.0: you need to
: install the new /boot/defaults/ files so that the boot loader will
: automatically pick up the changed default location of the 5.0 kernel.=

Are you sure you need to do that by hand?  When I upgraded my laptop I
didn't need to do that.

Warner