Date:      07 Oct 2002 17:32:55 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Enlightenment and Gnome2

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 17:20, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I'd like to start moving to gnome2, but our site uses enlightenment as
> the standard WM. I have heard that Enlightenment is not going to work
> for gnome2, now or in the future.

It is my understanding that GNOME 2 is moving towards metacity as the
default WM.  However, the original sawfish developer has just moved back
into action, and is fixing sawfish bugs left and right, so sawfish might
stick around for a while longer.

> Can anyone confirm this? If it is the case, I guess I'll have to look
> at metacity and see if it can do all that the users are used to
> enlightenment doing.

You should be able to accomplish most things with either sawfish or
metacity.  Metacity will definitely be much lighter weight that E.

Joe