Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:32:54 +0100
From:      eoghan <freebsd@redry.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kill aRts

Hello
Im having some trouble with my sound on gnome. When I go to my
multimedia system selector both my default sink and default source are
set to OSS, but when i test them i get:
"Failed to construct test pipeline for 'OSS - Open Sound System'"
I would like to kill aRts to see if this is my problem... Im using
KMPlayer from gnome and was thinking these kde apps might try use aRts?
Totem won't start cos audio output was not found.
Would this be an aRts issue as i previously used KDE? I searched for
some specific information for the oss error message and setting sound on
gnome but did not find much.
Thanks
Eoghan