Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 20:45:51 +0200
From:      Paul van der Zwan <paulz@trantor.stuyts.nl>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrecord trouble on currnet

> > I am getting write errors on my Philips 2600 CD-R using cd-write and burncd.sh
> > (from /usr/share/examples/worm/ )  so I thought , I'l compile cdrecord and try
> > that. But I get the following error when truying to do a dummy burn:
> >
> > $ sudo cdrecord -dev=0,4,0 -data -dummy /scratch/img/psnl
> > Cdrecord release 1.6 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Jörg Schilling
> > cdrecord: Function not implemented. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
> > Bus error (core dumped)
> >

> > This is a freshly compiled port on a current cvsupped today.
>
> (I wonder why he is trying to use the round robin scheduler - I
> expect he wants the FIFO one).
>
> Cdrecord has autoconf'd in the P1003.1B scheduler interface.
>
> I'm probably going to have to change how I did things, but the
> program may need fixing also.  By default, with nothing defined,
> the new system calls are setup to be LKM'd in for development and
> will fail at run time with ENOSYS or if you check for their presense
> with sysconf().

> You can add build time support with the _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
> option in the kernel.
>
> See how cdrecord is deciding to use priority scheduling.  If it
> decides that a program that links OK without checking any compile
> time feature test macros means that priority scheduling is supported,
> then that should be changed.  I've been told some programs are
> doing this (not specifically cdrecord).

I looked at the cdrecord source and the code calling sched_scheduler is in
an #ifdef   _POSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING block.
Apperently that gets defined in /usr/include/sys/unistd.h because _posix.h
defines  _P1003_1B_VISIBLE

> If you set _POSIX_C_SOURCE to 199009L with a -D in the makefile
> and cderecord still tries to use the round robin scheduler then
> someone has screwed up - either us or cdrecord - so try that too.

I recompile it uing the define and it seems to be working. No crash and
it is now performing a dummy burn.

	Paul

--
Paul van der Zwan		paulz @ trantor.stuyts.nl
"I think I'll move to theory, everything works in theory..."