Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 23:25:33 +0100
From:      "Helmut F. Wirth" <hfwirth@ping.at>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Pentium MMX Extensions, Changes to (g)as and gdb

Hello,
I made some changes to gas and gdb to support the new MMX extensions
for the Pentium P55C.
The changes are only in some files. I am currently in the process
of testing them. I have added support for all new opcodes in the
assembler and in the disassembler part of the debugger. With the
assembler one is able to use gcc _asm statements to utilize the
new opcodes.

Question: Are you interested in these changes ?

If yes, please drop me a line. The changes, a short description and
a description of the tests they passed will probably be ready at the
end of this week.

As I have 2.1.7-stable yet, the changes are against this sources. But
all changes are in files wich themselves have not changed for quite
a time (I think). So if you need changes against 3.0-current, please
say so. I will obtain the sources and work with them.

Regards
Helmut
--
Helmut F. Wirth