Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 1995 19:21:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      bah6f@server.cs.virginia.edu
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Patch to matrox driver

I seem to have purchased a Matrox Meteor frame grabber card that
reports a different vendor number than the one for which the drivers
were written.

It doesn't appear to be a problem, though.  I added a case to the
meteor probe, and (now that a driver is assigned to the card) all
appears to work well.

Here's the diff -c to show what my changes were:

*** /sys/pci/meteor.c   Wed Nov  8 19:15:43 1995
--- /sys/pci/meteor.c.new       Wed Nov  8 14:33:05 1995
***************
*** 445,450 ****
--- 445,451 ----
        switch (type) {

        case 0x12238086ul:      /* meteor */
+         case 0x12230086ul:      /* new meteor ? */ /*Paco*/
                return ("Matrox Meteor");

        };

Perhaps someone would like to add those eventually. I don't think
there are any significant differences between my card and the one used
by previous developers.  If I find any, you'll be the first to know.

Thanks,
Paco
--
Brian "Paco" Hope              Research Assistant, Technical Support Staff
email: paco@virginia.edu                    Department of Computer Science