Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:47:34 +0100
From:      simonr@roland.co.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD as a web server

Hi,

I was recently recommended to run an apache web server  on BSD UNIX so that
we could host our own web site. I want to know if FreeBSD is BSD or if it is
a cut down version of a BSD version that is for sale. If it is, would it be
suitable to base a web server such as apache on? We currently get hits on
our site approximately every two-three minutes. We would be running it on a
dual pentium II 333 MHz with 256-512 Mb ram and a RAID controller
controlling3-4 hard drives.

If there is a version of BSD for sale I would appreciate it if you could
send me a web address at which i could get information a prices.

Thanks,

Simon Robins
Roland [UK] Ltd.
Tel : 01792 702701 ext.2459