Date:      Tue, 09 Feb 1999 05:13:40 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
To:        Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting CDROM (or removable media) by users

> The same and eternal questions about 'How to allow users to mount
> cdrom?'.
>
> I have seen a lot of times this question in the archive of this mailing
> list with no real answer. Okay, I can use 'sudo' or such things. I have
> even try to use amd with no success.

Well tell us what problems you had.  As it comes out of the box
(on 2.2.8 at least), a simple package install of sudo and a few
seconds editing the /usr/local/etc/sudoers file with visudo will
have everybody able to execute something like "mount /cdrom" and
"umount /cdrom" and the problem is solved.

If you try this and have problems, explain exactly what happened
and somebody will help you.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>