Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2003 01:14:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: suggestion for pgpkeys-developers.html

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Marc Fonvieille wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 08:10:49PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I added my pgp key to the handbook today, which started me thinking.
> > (Yeah, I know... dangerous)  It would be nice to be able to do something
> > like
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/pgpkeys-dougb.html
> > and have it show just my key. I was also thinking that at 108 entries, the
> > page is a little bulky, so it might be more convenent to have
> > pgpkeys-developers.html just be the list of developers, with a link to the
> > key files. And last but not least, it seems that the existing anchor tags
> > are simply generated sequentially. It might be nice if they were generated
> > by entity instead, that way they would stay consistent.
> >

> It just depends if we want to "display" the keys in the printed version,
> using links could be a problem for the printed version.

I considered that actually, but there are other things that have links to
follow, right? I would think that for something like this you could simply
list all the key pages following the page of links.

> > Of course, I have no idea how to do any of this, or if it's even possible.
> > :) The current complexity of the documentation system has kind of left me
> > behind. But, if someone is looking for something to do...
> >

> I'm currently working on a structure change to put all independant
> things in /usr/doc/share, the pgpkeys will be concerned aswell.
> I will look at that problem.

Sweet!  This isn't a high priority thing... what we have works, I was just
thinking of ways to improve it.

How hard would it be to change the anchor links in the existing structure
to match the committer entity? I would like to be able to give a link to
my key on this page, and since my last name begins with 'Ba' I would
probably be safe in using the relative link, but others are not so lucky.

Doug

--

    If it's moving, encrypt it. If it's not moving, encrypt
      it till it moves, then encrypt it some more.