Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:16:31 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   vi unusable?

Now I hate vi as much as anyone else, but there are times when it's
handy to use.  Those of us that don't have hjkl wired into our fingers
tend to go for the cursor keys to move around though, and I've noticed
on a couple of -current systems I just set up that hitting a cursor
key in move mode wins you a beep and you drop into insert mode.
Extremely annoying.

I've experienced this on the console, under X, and telnetted in both fast
(local ether) and slow (SLIP link), on several machines.

Anyone else?