Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:28:43 -0500
From:      "Paul A. Howes" <freebsd-stable@fair-ware.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD-Stable'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem in /etc/make.conf

Good morning all,

I run 4.7p2 on my server.  I recently installed a new motherboard, and
decided to rebuild world and kernel with "P4" as the CPU target in
make.conf because I wanted to optimize the system as much as possible.

I have been using the OpenSSH and OpenSSL from the ports collection for
some time now, using the "*_OVERWRITE_BASE" directive.  So today, I
decided to switch on the "NO_OPENSSL = true" flag in my /etc/make.conf.
I had not reinstalled world since I had started using OpenSSL from
ports/

The result is:  I found that buildworld will fail during the "make
depends" target in /usr/src/crypto/telnet/libtelnet, because
<openssh/des.h> cannot be included by encrypt.h, found in that
directory.

The only other settings I have in make.conf that could possibly affect
this are "MAKE_IDEA = yes" and "USA_RESIDENT = yes".

Any thoughts?

--
Paul A. Howes