Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:14:36 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        lofi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: foomatic-filters-3.0.2

--nextPart3537553.BvYCmdttL5

On Friday, 28. January 2005 12:57, Jonathan Weiss wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I just saw that you commited a foomatic-filters port.
> Maybe you can have a look at ports/76249. This is a more complex port for
> foomatic-filters that also registers itself as a cups-filter if cups is
> present.

All the exists(foo) checking is rather bad style, I'd like to keep that out=
 of=20
the port (the package will install all the bits into the right locations in=
=20
my port, but not pull in any runtime dependencies - if the user needs a fil=
e=20
conversion filter, he can just add the package).

I'll add the cups-filter bit, I assumed foomatic-filters would do that=20
automatically but apparently it doesn't.

In what scenario is fdescfs needed to work properly? I've been using=20
foomatic-rip / foomatic-gswrapper on my own systems for a while now without=
=20
fdescfs and didn't have problems.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org