Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:37:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Beware of UnixWare 7

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Dennis wrote:

> >Many conf tasks remain non-trivial as compared to BSD or Linux due
> >to inexpertise on SCO's end...as the red Sytem Admin Handbook once
> >stated (Neveth, Snyder et al.) SCO Unix* is `perverse'.
>
> I enjoy reading the section in that book on network hardware whenever I
> need a good laugh. People shouldnt attempt to write about things that they
> so clearly know nothing about.
>
> Dennis

Argumentum ad hominem?  Or simply ad absurdum?

You won't find many SCO fans amongst those who've used more than
one implementation of unix...and Novell getting out of the Unix
business (and taking a beating for doing it) speaks volumes.

------- North Richmond Community Mental Health Center -------

Thomas Good                                   MIS Coordinator
Vital Signs:                  tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
                                          Phone: 718-354-5528
                                          Fax:   718-354-5056

/* Member: Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility */