Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:36:39 -0400
From:      "Scott M. Nolde" <scott@smnolde.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   reboots with IPFW2

I've recently isntalled a few new kernels with IPFW2 enabled on my
firewall machine and have been experiencing reboots every 4-16 hours.
This has only been happening since the ipfw2 code was compiled in.

I don't have any debugging symbols in the kernel (yet) and there's nothing
very suspicious in /var/log/messages except "+++ send reject".  I don't do
any type of coding, but skimming through the source, this shouldn't be the
problem.

The last five reboots are listed here:
reboot           ~                         Tue Aug  6 13:04
reboot           ~                         Mon Aug  5 17:59
reboot           ~                         Mon Aug  5 08:37
reboot           ~                         Sun Aug  4 14:04
reboot           ~                         Sun Aug  4 09:28

I like the speed enhancement with IPFW2, but something about the reboots
scares me.

Out of curiosity, before we go into great detail, has anyone else
experienced mysterious reboots with IPFW2?

--
Scott Nolde
GPG Key 0xD869AB48