Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2016 20:03:43 +0100
From:      Reiner Luett <rluett@web.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPi B - No HDMI, nor mouse either keyboard

Hi!

In FreeBSD 11.0 STABLE the dhcp client is the default setting.

On 16.11.2016 16:14, Krzysztof Kowalski wrote:
> Hi,
> I have only crossover Ethernet cable, freebsd-10.3-release@VirtualBox and
> RPi B.
> IMHO, I need to run dhcp server under freebsd@VB and setup RPi to use um0
> to connect by DHCP, to be able to ssh into RPi, am I correct? Or RPi will
> connect via DHCP to host?
> VB host is Win7- using WiFi from mobile router huawei.

If you connect it via a crossover cable to the host and running the
VirtualBox in brigde mode, you should have the DHCP Server available at
your NIC. It depends on your configuration, but normally you will be
able to use ssh from you VB.

Regards,