Date:      Sun, 4 May 1997 14:19:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Spock <spock@aheffner.netnet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Probing Hardware

I would like to install my cd-rom drive and my sound card,
but i don't know the irq, drq, i/o addresses of them. I
have win95 running on my first drive, but i went to the
device manager in win95 and wrote down the irq,drq, i/o
addresses that it said the hardware was at, but when
i boot with "-c" and go into visual, and use those
numbers, freebsd still can't find the devices. I've
tried using all possible different combinations, but
it still won't find the hardware. Is there any way
to easily find out the addresses of the hardware, or
have it probe all addresses or something, until it finds
the devices?

Thanx,

Michael Heffner
aheffner@lakefield.net