Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 14:30:24 -0800
From:      mars@pasteur.eecs.berkeley.edu (Marcelino Enriquez)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI Support

Hi there my name is Marcelino and I have encountered some problems with
installing FreeBSD on my system.

Here is the Specs

Motherboard - lightning series w/ built-in SCSI support using an Adaptic
7840 chip
CPU         - 100Mhz Pentium
Memory      - 8 megs
Hard drive  - Conner 1.2 gig SCSI-II
CD-ROM      - Pioneer 4x SCSI-II
Video card  - Diamond Stealth

When I tried to run install from the cd-rom I would get to the point
where it would
create the root partition on the Harddrive, but then it would just hang.

I believe it is having some difficultly with the SCSI adaptor. Is there
anything I can
do to get this going? I also tried doing the install from floppy, with
no luck.

One last thing as a test I acquired anothe HD this time an IDE drive and
I did a floppy
install and this worked. It just decides to give me errors again when I
try to install more programs from Disk 1 in the SCSI CD-ROM.

Any help here would be appriciated.

Thank You