Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:36:34 +1100
From:      Brett A Wiggins <bawig1@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS, pefs panic: vputx: neg ref cnt

Hi,

I posted a message on the Storage section of the FreeBSD forums and have
been directed to this list. A link to the thread is below;

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/nfs-server-crashes-panic-vputx-neg-ref-cnt.50511/

I am setting up a FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE NFS server to use as a NAS on my
LAN. I have set everything up as per the handbook. The directory I am
sharing is using pefs encryption.

I am able to access the NFS share from OSX but when I try and access it
via a Linux machine I get a kernel panic. The core dump is posted below;

http://pastebin.com/Da5bciWX

I'm not sure how to read a core dump (I'm not a developer) but there is
a line;

Panic: vputx: neg ref cnt

Any help would be appreciated and am able to post additional information
if requested.

Brett.

--
"If you are new to UNIX, you may be used to clicking something and
seeing either an "OK" message, an error, nothing, or (all too often) a