Date:      Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:51:29 +0000
From:      Fco Jerez <currojerez@hotpop.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with ath

Hello,
I'm trying to configure a cardbus wireless card (D-Link DWL-G650 that uses the
ath driver) on my relatively old laptop (Pentium not-MMX 133Mhz with 48 Mb of
memory).
I load the ath_hal and if_ath kernel modules, then I configure the interface
using "ifconfig ath0 inet 192.168.0.7 netmask 0xFFFFFF00 ssid mynetwork up"
and it apparently works well,but when I ping a host some packets get lost (I
get response for some packets and then it losts other packets,i get response
again...), and when i do a more expensive operation like ping -f it starts
sending packets and after some seconds i get:

ath0: device timeout
ath0: ath_reset: unable to reset hardware; hal status 3

then it sends more packets and says the same more times again...

The ftp transferences doesn't work well, after showing some times the same
error that "ping -f" prints, it stops transferring...
Furthermore  the system sometimes becomes unstable and it just hangs without
printing anything to console.

Any idea?